Family Blog

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mini Chalkboard Food Signs



These chalkboard food signs were so cute and easy to make so I thought I would share. You only need a few supplies. Wood glue, painting tape, wood chip pieces, wooden clothes pins, chalkboard paint, and a clamp. 
 Luckily my hubby bought three clamps which made the project WAY faster! The clamps were 99 cents each. CHEAP and worth the investment! First you use the wood glue and attach the signs to the clothes pins.  I put the clamp on them for an hour to let them set.

I did things a little backwards and put the tape on first for some of them. I would put tape on them AFTER you clamp them for an hour to avoid a mess. Just trust me. 
 Paint inside the tape and take the tape off after they dry. I did two coats of chalkboard paint. I should have stuck to the black chalkboard paint but they were all out at Michaels. Would have been cuter with black- but it's easy enough to make that I will just make them again if I need them. Voila! Food signs.



I got a new calling in church a few months ago. I am an Activity Days Leader for the 8 and 9 yr olds. I love it! It's pretty much the perfect calling because you still get to go to relief society and then you get to plan fun activities with the girls twice a month. The girls are SO sweet and and am already loving getting to know them. My partner and I decided to do one of the two big events of the year. We decided since it was the beginning of the school year it would be the perfect time for a modesty fashion show that the girls could invite all the parents too. We only had a few weeks to plan it but it was SO much fun!!!  So here was some pictures of the event last week and the reason I made the food signs in the first place. :) 





 We made a crepe bar- it was SOOO tastey!!! Gone in like 5 minutes! haha!
 Some of the girls! :) Unfortunately I was running around like a mad woman so I didn't take pictures of everyone till the end when everyone was mostly gone.


And my boys- cause they're so cute! :)




1 comment:

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

How fun!!! I need a party to plan so I can make those Mini Chalkboards!