Family Blog

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, February 13, 2012

Ribbon Trees Tutorial

My sister found these cute ribbon trees on pinterest that she thought I should try making for Declan's room. I decided to give it a try despite the fact there was NO tutorial to be found any where on the dang internet. So...I thought I would post a quick tutorial so you don't mess up three times when making them like I did. :) I figured these would be fun decor for Sara to use at the shower and I could use them in Declan's room! (Double Use is always a good thing!)


The inspiration: (From Pinterest)




The Supplies You will Need:



I would say like 8 spools of ribbon (4 yards each) should suffice.
2 clay pots (paint to paint the pot)
2 Styrofoam balls (One rectangular one for the bottom of the pots)
A wooden dowel for the stem of the tree
Pins
Hot Glue Gun
Scissors
Ruler


Cut the Ribbon into about 4 inch Strips (I messed the length up a few times- too short too long- I do think the larger you get the more it will look full like the tree on pinterest. I messed up quit a bit and ended up sticking between 3-4 inches) I of course coordinated the colors to Declan's room.







DO NOT Pin the ribbon like this like I did the first time:It will look like a Christmas tree




More Like this: Make a circle and pin it in like curlers on your head. :)




Than Paint the pot. I also decided to paint the stem of the tree- I tried using more ribbon down the wooden piece and didn't like it. I may repaint the stems light blue to match the room more. I may be going back and also adding tissue paper (like the pinterest trees) instead of the grass.


And they turned out like so:

I will be making a few adjustments to these- but here they are so far. They took FOREVER (I watched like 10 episodes of vampire Diaries while finishing this. ) The materials were a tad bit expensive- but if you already have ribbon you like that will cut down A TON of the cost. There ya have it- Ribbon Trees in all their glory. :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

They are adorable!!! Love the colors :) Good job!

DaisyChains said...

seen this before but with sweets instead of ribbons, but it looks so much nicer with ribbons! may give it a try :)

Becca Bingham said...

Way to go! Crafts can be frustrating, but so fulfilling!

Amy Egbert said...

Those are some of the cutest decorations!!!!!! The cutest part though is that they are for declan. I just read through your blog and I'm sooo sooo happy that you and baby are doing good. Love you!